This plugin adds a melee weapon system to your game with customizable per-bone collision detection!
Rama's Melee Weapon plugin has these powerful Features:
1. Ability to specify exactly which parts of a weapon’s physics asset deal damage.
2. Complete control over which parts of a swing animation deal the damage, allowing you to ignore the wind up and wind down from a swing animation, through the use of UE4 animation notifies.
3. Per-bone accuracy, so you can know exactly which bones of a character mesh were hit by the weapon!
4. My very own custom PhysX core coding, so that efficient volume shapes are used to represent the weapon’s collision as it swings through the air. I went deep into Nvidia’s PhysX system and wrote a lot of custom code to make this system as efficient and customizeable as possible! I added a lot of code to draw PhysX shapes in the editor and during runtime so you can see exactly what my Rama Melee Plugin is doing!
5. The whole system can be utilized entirely in Blueprints, but my plugin includes all the source code so you can extend every part of my system, including the hardcore PhysX coding! I have many videos demonstrating the usefulness and mechanics of this plugin here.
List of Modules:
• RamaMeleePlugin (Runtime)
Intended Platforms: Desktop, should work in VR no issue, and on console and Mobile as the product mainly works with PhysX engine + Blueprints
Platforms Tested: Desktop
More Info: _https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/rama-s-melee-weapon-plugin