MMO Starter Kit provides a great starting point for developing or prototyping an MMO. Saving you hours of work, it lets you concentrate on what makes your game unique.
Requires Unreal Engine 4.14 " source Version for server side "
Unreal forums thread (with a link to demo client): _http://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?53208-MMO-Starter-Kit
Online documentation v1.8:
No third-party solution (such as Photon or RakNet) required - so no monthly fees and you are free to host your server anywhere you want. The documentation has instructions on how to order and set up a dedicated server on Softlayer
- All source code included
- Fully in Blueprints
- Persistent storage of data in a mySQL database.
- Character position and stats are saved when the character logs off and restored when it enters world again.
- Registration, login and character creation.
- Authoritative server
- Launcher/autoupdater that can update the game and itself (separate application, in C#)
- Roaming NPCs that fight back and chase after the player if attacked
- Inventory and loot
- Player and NPC respawn
- Combat log
- Classic MMO controls
- Chat with multilingual support
- UMG user interface
More Info: _https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/content-creation/23921-mmo-starter-kit