Prefab Tool allows you to store collection of preconfigured actors as prefab asset in the content browser, and then add the prefab to the same or any other levels as many time as you like.
Prefab can be edited in the level editor directly, all changes to the prefab can then be propagated to all existing prefab instances.
You can disconnect a prefab instance to prevent it being automatically updated from prefab changes. Or you can choose to revert any changes to the prefab instance.
Prefab can be nested to support complex scene hierarchy. Changes to nested prefab can be reverted or propagated like normal prefab.
Prefab is an editor tool to help level building, it can't be spawned in runtime. Once prefab instances been placed in the level, you can choose to convert them back to normal actors.
Support thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?144556-Prefab-Tool-Prefab-Support-for-Unreal-Engine
List of Features:
- Create Prefab from collection of actors in the level
- Nested Prefab to support complex scene hierarchy
- Generate Blueprint from Prefab
- Preview Prefab Thumbnail in Content Browser
- Drag and drop Prefab into the level to instantiate actors collection
- Edit Prefab directly inside level editor
- Lock/Unlock Prefab instances
- Apply changes of Prefab to all Prefab instances
- Revert changes of Prefab instances
- Convert Prefab instances to normal actors
Known Limitation and Issues:
- Prefab is base on actor hierarchy, actor types which can't be attached to other actor is not supported (BSP Brush/Group Actor/Landscape).
- PrefabAsset (Runtime)
- PrefabAssetEditor (Editor)
Network Replicated: N/A (Editor plugin)
Supported Development Platforms: Windows, Mac
Supported Target Build Platforms: All
Documentation Included: N/A
Example Project: N/A
- Full c++ source code included, works with both Launcher and GitHub builds
- Works with both c++ and blueprint only projects
More Info: _https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/prefab-tool