Welcome to GAIA the artist friendly all in one terrain and scene generation system for Unity 3D that allows you to create the stunning environments that even Skyrim would be proud of - in just minutes!!
Have fun creating and exploring beautiful worlds as you leverage the latest procedural content generation techniques in a package that makes it simple for even the newest game creator to easily and quickly create gorgeous looking terrains and scenes.
Created by Adam Goodrich, a veteran developer with 30 years experience, and supported by an active and friendly forum with nearly 700 thousand views, discover for yourself why GAIA continues to be the most popular terrain asset on the store!
GAIA gives you the flexibility to go fully procedural or fully manual or somewhere in between to deliver the easiest, fastest and prettiest terra-forming, texturing, planting and scene creation and population experience on the asset store.
GAIA comes with quality game ready assets to get you going in minutes, and is also fully customizable so that you can add your your own assets to create your own unique look and feel as AAA games such as Crowfall and Pantheon have done.
Did you know that GAIA's environments have been compared to Skyrim and Witcher 3?
Gaia's customers say:
"Stunningly Well Designed Tools"
"This is by far the BEST of the BEST"
"Making the Very Hard, Very Easy"
"Finally, A Terrain Tool for Artists"
"Exceptional Product and Support!"
With Gaia you will:
- Design the game you want by stamping mountains, mesas, hills, lakes, rivers and a range of other feature types exactly where you want them (with over 150 different stamps to choose from);
- OR pseudo randomly generate entire new scenes with just the feature types you want;
- OR enhance an existing terrain by adding detail;
- Leverage your resources to texture, plant, and populate your terrain procedurally using spawners;
- Build a library of points of interest - farms, villages, cemeteries or whatever you can imagine, or use other peoples libraries and spawn them into your scenes;
- Share your libraries, configurations and tools with others, or leverage other peoples, configurations, assets and tools via the Gaia eXtension system (GX);
- Backup and share your sessions via small session files that allow other people to exactly replicate your scenes;
- Export terrain meshes, splatmaps, normal maps, shoreline masks and a bunch more via the utilities system;
- Play your games and take and share screen shots to share your experiences with the new screen-shotting system, including a nifty way to easily find the exact spot the screen shot was taken;
- Set up default lighting and camera fx and insta-pretty your scenes with a selection of pre-configured sky, lighting and camera fx;
- And much more - GAIA does the work of many assets in one.
Gaia is compatible:
- Unity terrain in - Unity terrain out!
- No special shaders or other tricks that could cause compatibility problems;
- You can delete Gaia after you have created your scene.
Gaia is different because:
- Its stamp based – Terrains are created using stamps, which is a visual, intuitive and precise way of getting exactly the feature you want at exactly the location you want;
- Its extensible – You can create more stamps via the scanning system, allowing you to source stamps from terrains, raw files, meshes, or even images and textures from the internet;
- Its replicable, adaptable and rule based – all aspects of terrain texturing, detailing, planting and object placement is done procedurally and is seed based, which allows it to adapt to new terrains, and makes it perfect for networked games;
Gaia is also all about learning. We have an active and helpful community in the forum and its a great place to share your work, get inspired by other peoples work, and to get tips on how to solve any issues you might be having.
More Info: _https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/gaia-42618