Terrain Grid System is an advanced grid generator and territory/cell highlighter/fader with powerful features for both Terrain and 2D grids.
Are you working on a strategy or RTS game and want to quickly highlight cells under some units or show territories under control? Do you wish to allow the player choose a destination over a terrain? This is the perfect asset for that!
- Configurable, fully interactive and fast grid generation, including Voronoi tessellation, box/squared, rectangular and hexagonal types.
- Change visibility, color or texture of cells from Unity editor with the integrated grid editor.
- Up to 10.000 cells per grid.
- Produces highly optimized grid mesh with reduced vertex count.
- Two levels of regions: cells and territories.
- Fastest selectable and highlighting system for both cells and territories.
- Coloring and fade out support for both cells and territories.
- A* Pathfinding for boxed and hexagonal grids with customizable cell weights and obstacles.
- Easily define blocking cells or assign cells to different groups (zones, obstacles, custom navigatable paths, ...)
- Get neighbours or cells in range according to crossing cost, max steps or cell group masks
- LOS (Line of Sight) functions.
- Different positioning options for best mesh adaptation to the terrain, including scaling and positioning inside terrain boundaries, maximum terrain slope, minimum altitude, ...
- Control the visibility of individual cells using API or alpha texture mask.
- Define territories using a color texture or the embedded grid editor!
- Extensive API (C#) for controlling and managing the grid, including selectable cells/territories, finding neighbours and merging cells.
- Can work alone or with Unity's Terrain object.
- Works with orthographic and perspective cameras.
- Full source code included (C#).
- 19 demo scenes included with useful sample code!
More Info: _https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/terrain-grid-system-47215