PIDI - Planar Reflections is a tool that allows you to quickly and cheaply add real-time reflections to flat surfaces across your scenes with full shadows support, an easy to use interface and high performance. Be it mirrors, water surfaces, marble floors or any other reflective surface, our tool will help you bring life to your scenes in no time.
This tool also fully supports Desktop platforms, Android, Daydream, CardboardVR, HoloLens and Ocluus Rift!
- Reflection planes can reflect shadows
- Pixel light count per-reflection for maximum performance
- Automatic Terrain simplification on the reflections
- Accurate contact reflections that get blurrier based on the objects distance to the surface
- Adjustable drawing distances
- Adjustable update frequency
- Adjustable reflection resolution
- Smart resources management and pooling
- Output-only reflections to be shared across multiple meshes, multiple materials are also supported
- Real and approximated oblique projections
- Chroma-keyed shaders that mix static and real-time reflections
- Demo scene and 32 different shaders for different needs, from water and simple mirrors to complex PBR materials.
- Full source code access
- Extensively commented code and in-depth documentation
- *VR support.
- Android compatible. Its high performance allows it to run without issue on mobile devices.
This package includes a water shader with depth testing and support for reflections/refraction.
Official Unity Forums thread
NOTE : A left-eye / right eye camera setup is recommended for more accurate reflections
This tool requires RenderTexture support. If your device/Unity version does not have RenderTexture support, this tool will not work properly. Check if your device/Unity version supports RenderTextures before purchasing this tool.
HTC VIVE devices and ARCore applications are not supported by this tool.
If you have questions about this, please contact us before your purchase.
For support, assistance or suggestions contact us directly at email@example.com
PIDI - Planar Reflections is part of the PIDI Game Development Framework developed by Irreverent Software and used in all our games.
More Info: _https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/pidi-planar-reflections-92469