Obi Rope – download Unity asset
With Obi Rope you can create ropes in a matter of seconds, with complete control over their shape and behavior. The ropes can collide with the environment and with each other, and can be attached to rigid bodies.
This system is NOT based on rigid bodies and joints, unlike other rope solutions. This is based on Obi particles, which makes it more lightweight, detailed, and unconditionally stable.
Available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
- Procedural smooth mesh generation using splines, complete with tangent space updating and normal map support. No need to manually generate geometry for your ropes.
- Change rope length at runtime. - Tearable/cuttable rope. - Closed loops. - Two-way rigid body interaction.
- Modular solver: don't waste performance, only use the constraints your rope needs.
- Per module adjustable solver iteration count.
- Bending constraints.
- Per particle pin constraints.
- In-editor simulation preview.
- Easy-to-use editor particle tools: selection, brush selection, paintbrush, property smoothing...
- Simulation state gets serialized -> save your ropes mid-simulation->instantiate them already warm-started.
- Supports all standard Unity colliders.
- Automatic camera culling: non-visible ropes do not update their simulation.
Asset version: 4.1
More Info: _https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/obi-rope-55579