InfiniGRASS is a robust grass and prefab painting and optimization system, which allows very detailed next gen grass to be placed in mass quantities on any surface. The grass is controlled for performance with auto grouping, batching and LOD systems that minimize CPU usage, reduce draw calls and enable dynamic options like stepping on grass or making it grow.
v1.7 Forest Demo with Sky Master
v1.7 SpeedTree & Helicopter Demo
v1.7 Forest Demo
v1.4 Scripted Grass Demo with Sky Master
v1.4 Scripted Grass Demo
InfiniGRASS v1.7 features:
- New UI enchancements (extended help, boxed parameters per category, show current terrain for Mass Plant, Choice to not apply preset values on brush selection)
- New Circular wind shader, for emulation of helicopter like motion on grass
- New Distant forest brush, for optimized thick distant forest rendering
- New Daisy and Red Tree brushes & demo scene
InfiniGRASS v1.6 features:
- Major enchancements in the Tree planting system, with new precision placement and rotation system.
- Full WebGL support, with Multithreading control.
- New tree brush with LODs, using the new tree placement & orientation features
- New stackable rocks brush, for easy rock formation creation
- Usuability enchancements, including grass refresh on demand & better trees preview in editor
InfiniGRASS v1.5 features:
- Local temporal interaction shader option for grass interaction with near zero performance hit
- Slope and height control for mass planting
- New grass performance options, e.g original mesh elimination
- New tree brush and more grass brushes
- Per grass type rescaling option
- Grass Vertex coloration by ground texture for best adaptation & variety in mesh ground
- Gravity shader for emulating grass breakage due to its own weight
- Mobile shader, for Shader Model 2.0 systems
- New snow growth controls & options
InfiniGRASS v1.4 features:
- Grab real time painted grass for editing & save with scene.
- Brush settings can be saved for each brush for later use, or in mass placement
- Player can be defined with tag & be updated in real time
- New interactive grass controls & options
- Extended LOD & Fade controls
- Multiple material control per brush
- New Grass rescale & randomization options
- New grass & fence types (branch, moss, leaf bed, realistic fence)
InfiniGRASS v1.3 features:
-Mass creation of grass, based on weighted terrain splat textures
- Gradual grass growth as the hero moves around the map
- Real time grass removal and regrowth based on hero distance
- Ability to add icons for custom brushes in the inspector
- Global scale parameter, to easilly adjust brushes for the desired world scale
InfiniGRASS v1.2 features:
- Unity Editor grass painting speed enchancement. Previewing grass in the Unity Editor will now be as fast as the in game performance. Painting speed has also been enchanced and proper brush settings are set automatically.
- Object follow mode. Grass may follow the translation/rotation of the object it is painted on.
- Two extra LOD stages added, for better control of ultra detailed items
- Many extra brushes added.Rocks & mushrooms (setup with the new LOD system), ground leaves and wild grass.
- Grass scaling based on Unity Terrain splat maps (with weights for smooth transitions from tall to short grass)
- Tint and specularity/translucency effects are now applied per grass type, for more control over each brush look
- Various enchancements and performance tweaks (added option to avoid hiting grass own collider while planting, added option to randomize brush rotation)
- Create grass of high detail with any shape and material on any surface, in both Unity editor and while playing the game.
- Unlimited amount of grass can be placed on a map, the LOD system will make sure draw calls remain low at all times.
- Smooth shader fade option in LOD and cutoff distances
- Total control over performance, with adjustable LOD, grouping and batching systems and compete freedom in grass definition and shading.
- Dynamic grass possibilities. Use any motion or script on grass, only limited by concurrence.
- Grow grass in play mode and paint it on any surface with a static collider.
- Interaction of grass with scene objects, e.g. throw items to level grass.
- Static and dynamic batching, for best performance in each use case.
- Spectacular shadows, lighting and grass density
- Dynamic snow growth on grass
- Complete integration with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0, for best lighting, snow coverage control and water combination.
- Global Wind simulation with per grass type weighting for total control
- Translucent lighting emulation
- Powerful grass editor, with complete control over painted grass properties.
- Fence creation system, with automatic batching for maximized performance (working in both play mode and Unity editor)
- Rocks and other prefabs placement system
- Extensive collection of ready to use preset grass brushes.
- The system can also be used as a general 3D decal system, the grass is just one of the many possible applications.
- Rocks can be painted on top of each other to create various constructs.
- Special grass placement controls, for reducing unnecessary detail and adapting grass to the environment.
The framework is written in C# code and the source code is provided.
More Info: _https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/infinigrass-next-gen-interactive-volume-grass-45188